I’m a big fan of cross-posting. If you haven’t heard that term, it’s the process of sharing one post on one social media site with several other audiences at other social media sites. Usually this can be done with a few clicks. Each social media service has hooks built in to get your posts “cross-posted.” Unfortunately, some don’t render correctly. For example: Flickr for the iphone offers the ability to cross-post to Facebook but when you check the Facebook post, you find there is no title or associated description that you intended. For this reason, I dug in my heels, hunkered down and discovered what works for me. I share that below.
1. ALL SHARE TYPES: *Tumblr is fed via RSS to blog as private (Through the “Feedwordpress” plugin) – if wanted on blog must input feed, edit post and make public, (OPTIONAL) clear title, and adjust to desired format (only modifies on Home page).
2. STATUSES: status EMAIL to ifttt makes clean status on Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr. IFTTT is really cool. You can make if then recipes for many services.
3. PHOTOS: Instagram posts & renders correctly to Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and Flickr.
(Flickr posts to Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr but renders without text.
SO use Instagram for PHOTOS instead.)
4. BLOG POSTS on WordPress: Manual share to Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and Google+.
5. TUMBLR REBLOGS: Reblog and manual send during process to Facebook and Twitter.
To close, Tumblr is a wonderful backbone for crossposting. Not only does it render a feed, it also has buttons hooked into reblogs and posts to send them to Facebook and Twitter. Tumblr renders correctly in these two sites. Make sure you have a good description that shows up in Twitter as images don’t always show in a feed. Do you have a great way to share content via cross-posting?