I love fire in my fireplace. It feels so warm. Getting wood from the side yard is actually a rush! I’ve kept the house warm since I got up this morning and it’s still toasty. I love Panera Bread. Went there for lunch. I got turkey and avocado with cheddar and broccoli soup, angelic!
It’s nice to have days off work to mull lesson ideas over in my head. I’m going to follow strategies I think will show growth on student test scores. They have to do with the delivery of the lesson and the focus on particular standards and the way I call on kids.
The book I’m reading is getting really interesting. It’s a horror novel by Joe Hill. They established the hero as a 13 year old girl. She’s going to save kids from a serial psycho killer. I’m enjoying reading it on my new Nook.
On this Friday after Thanksgiving I have rounded off the external sources I use to syndicate on my blog, aka cross posting. They are as follows:
1. Tumblr via embed, IFTTT, and FeedWordPress for my #Journal and #Tumblr categories.
2. Flickr via embed, IFTTT, and FeedWordPress for #Photoblog and all categories as an option for images.
3. WordPress.com via FeedWordPress for composing posts in the #Blog category. This is helpful because I can use any features on WordPress.com that aren’t on the .org software. Keeps me abreast.
4. LiveJournal via FeedWordPress for the #Diary category.
5. Twitter has a really snazzy embed layout that can be used through IFTTT or through the Native Twitter web interface. If you ever want to post a tweet to your blog, this is a great way to do it.